Ratification Vote Results
The parties are pleased to announce that the Contract Extension tentative offer has been ratified.
An overwhelming majority of the members voted YES to accept the tentative offer.
(The previously distributed tentative offer is below)
Contract Extension Offer Reached Between
OPSEU 464 and TOH
May 14, 2018
OPSEU Local 464 and The Ottawa Hospital are pleased to inform you that the parties have reached a tentative contract extension agreement (pending ratification). Ratification vote details will be sent separately when finalized.
If ratified by both sides, the contract extension will extend the current collective agreement by three years, to March 31, 2022.
The tentative agreement provides stability and matches the OPSEU Central Hospital Professionals Division agreement ratified on November 8, 2017 by providing for annual wage increases of 1.75% on April 1, 2019, April 1, 2020 and April 1, 2021. The agreement also allows the parties to meet to possibly amend Non-Monetary articles during the 2019 – 2022 term of the extension agreement.
THE OTTAWA HOSPITAL
THE ONTARIO PUBLIC SERVICE EMPLOYEES UNION
Re Extension of Local 464 Collective Agreement
- Subject to ratification by both parties, and subject to the terms of settlement stipulated herein, this Agreement forms the basis of the full and final settlement of an extension of the existing terms of the Collective Agreement between OPSEU Local 464 and The Ottawa Hospital. The ratification process will be completed by both parties by June 1, 2018, unless agreed otherwise. Ratification of the Agreement shall be deemed to have occurred on the last date on which ratification occurs by the employees in the bargaining unit and by the employer (“date of ratification”)
- The parties agree that notice to bargain shall be served once following the expiry of the current collective agreement (March 31, 2019) in order to negotiate the “local” terms as determined by the parties (see Appendix A). For clarity, the open period of the current collective agreement shall take place three (3) months prior to the expiry of the current collective agreement.
- The terms of this Agreement shall be effective on April 1, 2019, except as otherwise provided in this Agreement.
- The undersigned unanimously agree to recommend the terms of settlement as outlined in Appendix A to their respective principals and in the case of the signatories for the Union, to the bargaining unit employees.
- Three (3) year term (April 1, 2019 – March 31, 2022)
General Wage Increase:
- April 1, 2019 – 1.75%
- April 1, 2020 – 1.75%
- April 1, 2021 – 1.75%
Amend Article 15.05 Pregnancy and Parental leave to reflect:
Effective the date of ratification, the amount of any sub payment shall not increase or decrease as a result of an employee’s option to extend any leave under changes to existing Employment Insurance legislation. The parties agree to meet to amend the applicable language in the Collective Agreement.
Bargaining of “Local” Provisions and Review of Letters of Understanding:
The following articles shall be considered “local” provisions for the purposes of this agreement:
- 7 – Representation and Committees
- 11 – Seniority and Service
- 12 – Layoff and Recall
- 14 – Job Posting, Promotion and Transfer
- 15.05 & 15.07 – Leaves of Absence
- 16 – Sick Leave and Long Term Disability
- 17 – Hours of Work and Overtime
- 20.03 – Vacations
- Housekeeping Matters where applicable
A discussion of whether the parties wish to amend said articles and/or renew Letters of Understanding will take place following notice to bargain. The parties will meet to establish timelines for this discussion. It is understood per #2 of this Memorandum of Agreement that any/either party may serve notice on the other that it would like a strict interpretation of the language of any article moving forward.
All other Terms and Conditions:
All other Terms and Conditions of the 2016 – 2019 Collective Agreement between the parties will remain status quo for the term of the Extension Agreement.